2020 Private Barn Tours
We know you are eager to get out of the house and back to life. We are a small farm and so we are opening slowly, with an abundance of caution, but we know outdoors is a safer choice for activities in this COVID climate! Join us to meet our animals and get some fresh air! Please watch our Facebook and this web page for changes to our tours as we are learning and evolving the experience as we go! You can currently book with us through our booking link which gives you the most up to date availability on our calendar, allows you to reserve a spot instantly, as well as make changes and cancellations. Our booking link will also send you a reminder before your tour! Please remember that we are 100% volunteer based and we will do our best to confirm your booking preferences at least 24 to 48 hours prior to your scheduled tour. We are booking up fast, generally a minimum of one week out BUT our booking link makes our LIVE calendar available so you can see last minute cancellations.
TO BOOK YOUR TOUR:
1. Please read through the following sections on tour activity and pricing as well as the FAQs about our tours.
2. Scroll to the bottom and click BOOK NOW.
3. Choose the day and time available on our calendar that fits your scheduled and complete the steps.
4. We receive your reservation IMMEDIATELY and that is YOUR spot!
5. You will recieve an email message from us (generally THROUGH HoneyBook) that will ask you to answer a few questions about your group and the activities you want to choose. Send us this information back ASAP so we can price and plan your tour. Each tour is CUSTOMIZED to your group and preferences.
6. Once we have your tour info, we will send you a CONFIRMATION with tour preferences, pricing, payment and check in instructions!
7. Come visit us on your scheduled tour date and have a great time!
We are a volunteer based, IRS 501C3 Non Profit Organization!
100% of your tour fee goes directly to supporting
our resident animals and the programs they fuel!
TOUR AND ACTIVITY DESCRIPTIONS:
Basic Barnyard Tour- Join us for a 30-minute guided tour of our sanctuary. You will learn about who we are, the programs we offer, and you will meet our goats, pigs, sheep and horses and ponies! Opportunities to feed some select snacks to the animals is provided as well as photo and video ops are included. Ask questions, capture the experience, and please share with your friends and family! Tours are priced by size. Currently we are booking up to 10 guests total for a single tour. Please remember that YOU book the guests in your tour group and you are not combined with any other groups. There is no minimum age for children and small hands are welcome. We even have stroller and handicapped accessibility here, so everyone gets access to our animals!
Grooming Activity Add On- for an additional $5 per person participating, (again, small hands are welcome and we have small ponies to help!) we will teach you the basics of brushing. Our brushes are used only for tours and sanitized between uses. We will show you how to use each brush and talk about why grooming is such an important part of horse care! You can even take photos when you are done to show off the hard work you put in getting your new friend clean!
Unicorn Experience Add On- not only will you get a tour AND learn to groom, but designated unicorn groomers will get to transform their pony into a magical unicorn! We have a variety of magical horns, flowers as well as clip in butterflies and decorations that you can choose from! Of course, you will take some magical photos with your new friend when you are fully unicorn powered!
TOUR PRICE LIST:
Basic Barnyard Tour Individual/Small Group: (price includes up to 4 guests) $20 for a 30-minute tour
Basic Barnyard Tour Medium Group: (price includes up to 8 guests) $40 for a 30-minute tour
Basic Barnyard Tour Large Group: (price includes up to 10 guests) $60 for a 30-minute tour
FAQs about our tours
1. All tours are PRIVATE. That means YOU choose the people you are inviting/including in your group. We will NOT combine you with any other people or groups. You will generally have 2, possibly 3 tour guides (as we are training some of our volunteers) and no other activity is typically scheduled during your tour.
2. PLEASE SEE TOUR OPTIONS FOR COST: this is a donation that goes to feed and care for the animals here. Payment can be made via cash, check or PayPal. Let us know your preference. Additional donations are deeply appreciated!
3. The basic tour is 30 minutes. You will be guided to spend time at each of our animal areas where you will learn some fun facts about those resident animals, where they came from, how we care for them and how they contribute to our programs. Opportunities to give a small treat with assistance/supervision are provided! Additional opportunities are available to add on, see our options!
4. Closed toe shoes are required for anyone walking! You will be around a barnyard and you need to protect your feet. Our barnyard access is mainly packed asphalt millings, some sand and a little grass so we are stroller friendly and handicapped accessible! We also have a golf cart available for anyone with ambulatory issues to be driven in so everyone can enjoy the farm!
5. We may or may not have a portable restroom available, depending on the season.
6. We have hand sanitizer available for your needs.
7. Because we are outside and able to keep social distancing, we do not require masks at all times, but for adults and appropriately aged children, we ask you to carry them with you if need arises. Our guides will have a mask on hand and we are happy to wear one at all times if you request, but oftentimes children are not as at ease when adults they don't know are wearing masks. We usually slip masks on and off depending on the proximity of the guests. Just inform us of your preferences!
6. We ask if anyone in your group is not feeling well for any reason, please exclude them or contact us to reschedule. If you have traveled for vacation or out of the state, please allow 14 days before scheduling a visit. Please respect any need on our part to reschedule, we want everyone to stay safe and healthy.
7. Add on options are currently available for weekend tours only. If you are celebrating a birthday, please let us know and we can create an experience for you!
8.You are also welcomed to take photos and video during your visit. If you share on social media, we just ask you to check in to The Big Purple Barn and add the hashtag #bpbvisits so we can include them in our album! When you share, you help us book more tours, which in turns helps us raise more funds to care for our animals!
9. You will receive a questionnaire to complete and submit in order to finalize your booking the week of your scheduled session. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE FORM in order to finalize your tour. We make every attempt to contact you regarding your tour. If you do NOT submit the required information, we will CANCEL your tour. We operate on 100% volunteer power and while we do our best to accommodate your preferences, sometimes weather and availability are a factor. Our tours are becoming a popular activity and we are booking up fast!
10. Please be aware that we do take photos for our own use on our website, advertising and social media. We do not name names and typically do not take head on photos of children unless authorized. We want people to see your enjoyment, but we respect and protect your privacy.
11. We have resident goats, sheep, pigs and horses (that includes ponies and miniature horses) here on the farm that you will visit. If you are lucky, you may even meet some of our barn kitties!
12. Tours are available Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays at 10, 11 and noon. Mornings are reserved for tour times while afternoons are for other activities. We currently are closed to visitors on Sundays. All activities are scheduled around the care times for our animals and other programs like our riding lessons and WEATHER DEPENDENT.
INCLEMENT WEATHER: In the case of inclement weather, if the farm decides to cancel tour bookings for a particular day, you will need to choose a new day and time from our calendar availability. Due to other activity on the farm, we cannot offer alternative options aside from choosing a new slot. Active storms and rain are the main reasons we reschedule tours. It is IMPORTANT we have contact number for you when you book your tour in order to inform you of changes. One thing we cannot control is the weather!
CLIENT CANCELLATION: If at any time, you need to cancel or reschedule your chosen booking, please click the link in your booking confirmation and make the changes. There is currently no penalty for cancelling or rescheduling. Any change you make through the HoneyBook system are imported to our calendar notifications immediately. It is EASY to do!